I was introduced to this home-grown concoction by my friend and client Broadway Tony Award Winning Actress LaChanze one day a few years ago, and have been addicted ever since. Seeing we all probably overindulged yesterday for Thanksgiving I thought this would be a great recipe to share to cleanse our palette and help digest all that went in yesterday better so we can do it all over again later today, lol!
- Peel a handful of ginger (literally about enough to fill your hand)
- Grate or Slice your ginger into a large pot of water
- Boil until it’s a rolling boil for about 15-20mins. The longer it boils the stronger it gets. If the water reduces just add more; the ginger is so concentrated it will still be very strong even with the newly added water
- Strain the ginger with cheese cloth if you grated it or strainer if you sliced it (personally I like to leave some ginger pieces in the pitcher)
- Pour ginger tea in teacup. Add fresh lemon juice & honey to taste
- Pour remaining tea in pitcher & store in refrigerator. Should be enough to last you several mornings
- I also like to drink it cold, add vodka with a wedge of lime for a nightcap
Enjoy and You’re Welcome!!!